Sacroiliac joint dysfunction is a condition in which the sacroiliac joint, which connects the spine to the pelvis, becomes inflamed or irritated. This can cause pain and discomfort in the lower back, buttocks, hips, and legs.
Common symptoms of sacroiliac joint dysfunction
- Pain in the lower back, buttocks, hips, and legs
- Stiffness in the lower back or hips
- Pain that worsens with sitting, standing, or walking
- Pain that improves with lying down or changing positions
- Aching or burning sensation in the lower back or legs
- Numbness or tingling in the legs
- Difficulty with walking or standing for long periods of time
Chiropractic care can be effective in treating sacroiliac joint dysfunction by addressing the underlying causes of the condition.
Chiropractors may use a combination of manual therapies, such as spinal adjustments and mobilization, to improve joint alignment and reduce inflammation in the affected area. They may also recommend exercises and stretches to improve strength and flexibility in the surrounding muscles.
In addition to chiropractic care, lifestyle modifications such as maintaining a healthy weight and engaging in low-impact exercise can also be helpful in managing the symptoms of sacroiliac joint dysfunction. It’s important to consult with a healthcare provider to determine the best treatment plan for your specific condition.
As always, if pain and discomfort are preventing you from enjoying life, Book Online or call 01590 679560 for appointments with chiropractors Colin, Charlotte or Fiona, or massage therapist Hannah. For acupuncture appointments, call Amanda directly on 07876 343 821. And for podiatry appointments, call Paul directly on 07857 137732.