Will this be the year you make those lifestyle changes?
How many times have you resolved to become fitter, healthier and happier? And how many times have you slipped back to your old ways?
Often, it’s not a lack of will power that prevents us from reaching our goals. There may be physical barriers to our new exercise regime that we didn’t know about. We may have been trying to achieve too much too quickly.
Or we may just need to talk through our ideas with an expert who can advise us on the best way forward.
Do you have a goal for 2023? A 10k run – sea swim – climb a Munroe – lose weight – cycle to work or for leisure? Do you feel the need to improve your health? Have you recently moved to the area and want to get out and about in The New Forest? Maybe you have recently retired and are looking to take up a new hobby.
Where should you start?
A good way would be to chat with a health expert, such as a chiropractor, who can assess your posture and movement to reassure you that you are in good enough condition to start your health programme, or help you become in good enough condition to start.
In our New Year Health Check, our chiropractors will assess you physically and address your concerns. They will advise you on what you should focus on first. You can discuss the merits of Pilates V Yoga – Gym V Swim – Weights V Cardio – Gym V HIITS (High Intensity Interval Training). Should you lose a little weight through diet and gentle exercise first or just throw yourself into your new activity? Would you benefit from chiropractic treatment or deep tissue massage therapy before and/or during your new exercise regime? Can chiropractic care help keep you on track as you look to improve your health outcomes?
You can then go ahead with confidence and be less likely to injure yourself at the first hurdle!
New Year Health Check Offer at The Lymington Chiropractic Clinic
Health Check Appointment for New and Returning Patients – 30 minutes for £25
Our Health Check includes:
- Consultation with chiropractor to find out what issues you have and what you are looking to achieve at the start of 2023. It may even be just to see if chiropractic treatment is right and appropriate for you.
- A basic physical assessment to assess any issues.
- Advice given which may include exercises or explanation of a proposed treatment plan to give you an idea of how we can help to get you on the right path.
- Health advice from a muscular skeletal viewpoint to guide you into exercise and a fitter way of life.
- Get an email recommending a few exercises or stretches that should help ease you into exercise or keep you on the right track.
Many clichés abound this time of year. Social media is awash with memes for change, resolutions and positive affirmations. And there’s good reason – it’s in our human nature to take opportunities such as the ending of one period and the beginning of another to reflect on the past and plan for the future.
So, if you’re planning lifestyle changes this New Year, our Health Check is just for you!